Tuesday 22 September 2015

Owl with Wings

Hello Sizzix fans!
Today I would like to show you a new tag that I made especially for the Sizzix blog.
One of the things you will often see on my cards and tags is that there is one central element on them. Today I will show you how you can use your Sizzix dies to create an eye-catching embellishment to use on your projects. 


Sizzix products:
Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame Die

The tag itself was made with my all time favourite Tim Holtz Bigz Die Tag & Bookplates. I also cut out a rectangle with the Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame die and attached this in the middle of the tag. The honeycomb pattern from the set of Tim Holtz Thinlits Mixed Media Dies was used to create a nice backdrop for the eye-catching owl on my card. 


In the center of my tag, I wanted to use a resin owl, but I figured it needed something extra to really catch the viewer's attention. I therefore cut out two wings with the beautiful Bigz Die Wings, Angel. I didn't use the wings in its entirety, but instead cut off only a small part of them to make them suit my tag. After that, I also cut out two hearts in different sizes with the Bigz Die Heartfelt and adhered them on top of the wings. I then attached the owl in the middle of the wings and hearts. By adding these different die-cuts behind and around it, I could make the resin owl even more eye-catching. 


I finally added a title to my tag as well, the word 'Forever'. This was cut out with the Tim Holtz Thinlits Dies Handwritten Love.

Thank you very much for stopping by today!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

In Dutch:
Hallo Sizzix fans!
Vandaag heb ik een nieuwe tag te laten zien die ik speciaal voor het Sizzix blog heb gemaakt.
Een van de dingen die je vaak op mijn kaarten en tags zult zien is dat ik graag één centraal element gebruik. 
Vandaag zal ik jullie laten zien hoe je je Sizzix stansen kunt gebruiken om van een leuk embellishment een echte blikvanger op je creatie te maken. 

Sizzix producten:
Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame Die

De tag zelf is gemaakt met mijn favoriete Tim Holtz Bigz Die Tag & Bookplates. Ook heb ik een rechthoek uitgestanst met de Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame stans en deze in het midden van de tag geplakt. Het honingraatpatroon is uitgestanst met een stans uit de Tim Holtz Thinlits Mixed Media Dies om een leuke achtergrond voor de uil te creëren. 

In het midden van mijn tag wilde ik een resin uil verwerken, maar ik vond dat hij wel iets extra's kon gebruiken. Ik heb daarom twee vleugels uitgestanst met de mooie Bigz Die Wings, Angel. Ik heb de vleugels niet in z'n geheel gebruikt, maar heb in plaats daarvan een stukje van de vleugels geknipt, zodat ze beter op mijn tag pasten. Daarna heb ik twee harten met verschillende maten uitgestanst met de Bigz Die Heartfelt en heb ik deze in het midden van de vleugels geplakt. Daarop heb ik toen de uil bevestigd. Door verschillende uitgestanste figuurtjes achter en rondom de uil te positioneren, kon ik de uil net iets opvallender maken.

Tenslotte heb ik ook nog een titel toegevoegd, namelijk het woord 'Forever'. Dit is uitgestanst met de Tim Holtz Thinlits Dies Handwritten Love.

Dankjewel voor je bezoekje!
Nog een fijne dinsdag!

5 comments:

  1. I love your tag Romy...So Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tag..you use dies so creativity! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag, Romy! I love seeing all the different dies working together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the wings, the colors and the owl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete