Thursday 17 September 2015

Mystery block part 2



 In a little while the block will be revealed - and I love it - it is complex but I think worth the effort so to continue - join your rectangles together to make squares - you will make 4 of each - (remember to press the seams flat open) -
 
 
 
ant then join the squares together like this, again you will make 4 of each -


and then join together like this - so that you have 4 quarters of the block -
Lay the 4 quarters out - so that you join them together in the right arrangement -
 and then stitch them together to create your complete block -
I know this block as Carpenters Wheel - and I love the 3-D effect. As my father was a carpenter it reminds me of him. I had hoped to make a table runner by making 3 of these blocks - but I don't have enough fabric so this will become a cushion - so look out for next week to see how this cushion becomes a quilt!!! 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment