Sunday 5 July 2015

"BFF" Cards by Gerry van Gent

Hello Sizzix Friends

I hope you all enjoy a sunny and relaxing Sunday!
Here, in the Netherlands, we are so lucky to have a good start
to the season - the sun is shining and it feels like a real Summer :-)

For my post today I would like to share two cards I created for my
daughter's best friends. On the last school day she wanted to give
them a small present with a card... and this is where I got involved ;-)

Sizzix-rebrand-logo-low-res
660515 Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit
NEW 660434 Sizzix Thinlits Die Spring Garden #3 by Craft Asylum
660473 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Decorative Trim #2 by Craft Asylum
660218 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Handwritten Love by Tim Holtz 
658554 Sizzix Sizzlits Dec. Strip Alphabet Die Wanted  by Tim Holtz
*         *        *

Cards Size: 12cm x 12cm

I placed the Spring Garden #3 die in the middle of the front
of the card and die cut it. After that I removed the excess leftover
cuts and attached back the Spring Garden #3 die to the window card.
Girl Bff

Boy Bff

I adhered a square pattern paper inside the card.
1

I decorated the die-cut flowers with sugar dots.
2

I used one of the Decorative Trim #2 dies by Craft Asylum 
to make a frame round the square.
3

For the letters I used one of the alphabet dies from our Essentials Range -
The  Wanted   alphabet by Tim Holtz.
Each letter was die cut twice -  from light/dark brown cardstock.
The dark die-cut letter I used as shadow.
I gave a "painted" look by using a white pen.
5

4
OTHER PRODUCTS I USED:
Prima Marketing pattern paper; sugar dots
Gray cardstock - cards
Light/Dark brown cardstock - letters
*         *         *

Have a creative Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment