Sunday 5 July 2015

Chalkboard Flower Pots







I adore having fresh flowers in my home. Here in my home city of Cambridge, we have a wonderful flower market where I buy tulips in the Spring and peonies in the Summer. I think Peonies look so delicate and the petals almost paper like.


Today I want to share with you a simple DIY for some chalkboard flower pots - perfect for displaying blooms in your home. I started with my Big Shot Plus machine and the Bigz dies which are my favourite to use.

You will need:

  • Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit (includes Bigz flower die)
  • Flower pots or jars (I spray painted mine white)
  • Chalkboard paint
  • Heavy white card stock
  • Paintbrushes
  • Mod Podge
  • Chalk or chalkboard pen
  • Flowers!



I cut out flower shapes from the card stock using the Bigz die.


I then painted each flower shape with one coat of the chalkboard paint. Before painting, I like to tape the shapes to something so they don't move around.


Once the shapes were dry, I used the Mod Podge to adhere them to each flower pot. 


You can use chalk or chalkboard pens to write the name of the flowers or maybe even a message if you want to give the flower pot as a gift. You could even use this idea for herb pots as well. 


I love how simple these pots are and chalkboard paint is definitely one of my favourite craft supplies. 


What do you think? The roses are fake, so if you never remember to water flowers they are a great option and look realistic. 

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday full of flowery happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment