Monday 6 July 2015

Bright and Cheerful Photo display


I love bright and cheerful colours, but sometimes I stay away from them because they can overwhelm a page. But for a photo display? What better than to use hot pink, bright warm yellow and refreshing turquoise for the summer?


This is what I made today!
I used just one set of dies, one of the brand new Thinlits Plus called Cupcake Box 660842!


I am a hoarder so I keep absolutely everything that I think is usable, like all sort of glass bottles and their tops. Those three cork tops? Balsamic Vinegar ones. (I have about 12 of their bottles waiting to be used!) I selected my colours given by a set of Paperarsty Fresco Acrylic paints.


Once painted, I placed a Tim Holtz Memo Pin in each one. Although the bottom part of the bottle top is wood and heavy the top part is cork so perfect as a base of a photo display.


What I love about this set is that aside from the box elements, you get a lot of little ones that you can use for so many things, like apertures on a card and little cupcake flags. You will see more ideas from me soon.


I die cut all the small elements out of paper and card of similar colours to those of the acrylic paints.


I assembled the basic elements.


I used the oval Framelit to die cut my photos.


And finally, I added ribbon to the base.


And there you are, some of my favourite people (and cat, don't forget the cat!) are brightly and cheerfully by my side!

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! :D Thanks for the fun idea!

    ReplyDelete