Monday 12 May 2014

An embroidered card using textured folders






Today I am sharing an idea that goes back to my first handmade cards: using embroidery thread on them, but using an embossing folder as pattern.


I used the embossing folder from the Big Shot Starter Kit - any embossing folder with dots could be used for this -, piercing tool, foam mat, embroidery thread and white card.


Once I embossed the white card, I started piercing the larger embossed dots.


Using a thread an needle I embroidered the going in lines with different colour thread. From start to finish it doesn’t take long at all.


To add the focal point, I die cut the flowers from the Flower, Star Framelits and Stamps set, assembled them together and then I assembled them on the card.


 Simple and quick, but effective with all the different textures, and it brings back to my early teens making Christmas cards back home in Mallorca!


2 comments:

  1. great. thank you for this idea. marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous Paula...so effective and yet so simple.Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete