Monday 26 May 2014

back from quilt market!





Last week I was in Pittsburgh at International Quilt Market. For those that don't know, it's a bi-annual industry show for quilting. It's where you see all the new fabrics and gadgets ahead of release.

So, what kinds of fabrics will you be buying later this year?

The biggest trend was metallic ink - it was all over the place. So, for those of you that aren't a big fan that might be a disappointment. Personally, I love a bit of sparkle so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on all of these collections as they come out, so keep your eyes open for them!....

Arizona by April Rhodes for Art Gallery Fabrics (should be in shops any day now, and over in the UK in the next month or so)



Cotton + Steel (a new division of RJR fabrics) (will start arriving to shops in July)




Brambleberry Ridge by Violet Craft for Michael Miller Fabrics (will start arriving to shops in July)


I was hoping to share some progress on the clamshell project, but my sewing machine decided to blow up this weekend. I'm seriously hoping it isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg to get fixed, but I have a horrible feeling that when your sewing machine goes bang and smoke comes out the top of it, it's not a good sign.





No comments:

Post a Comment