Thursday 8 May 2014

Cross country treasures!!





No I haven't taken up running - I spent quite a lot of time in my car last week - and came across 2 fantastic, but very different patchwork shops which were on opposite sides of the country.
I visited Wales, with my husband for a short break and, on our journey home, we stopped in Lampeter and discovered Calico Katehttp://www.calicokate.co.uk/.
This is a deceptively large shop, it looks quite small from the front window - but once inside you go from room to room, up stairs and through doorways! In all Kate has now got 12 rooms devoted to fabric, haberdashery, and some wool.
Although I haven't got any pictures of the staff they were all friendly and helpful, obviously enjoying their work - ( I wonder if any of them actually manage to take any of their wages home?!!)
 
and this is just a small selection of goodies on offer - every time I turned around there was something else that I liked! When I finally made my way to the till, with a very restrained selection I wanted to say - don't ring up yet - there's something else I need!! so another trip to Wales is planned!
Thursday saw me driving from the office in Wrexham to Craft Days in Saffron Walden - to run a demonstration in the shop - and I was amazed at how many fabrics and other goodies Jane has managed to fit into her shop - literally turn around and you would see something else to divert and tempt you http://craft-days.co.uk/.
I spent a lovely evening demonstrating the Big Shot and Bigz dies, and then off course just had to purchase some fabric ( it would be rude not to!!)


Both of these shops would make a great shopping experience built into a day out or a holiday - and we have new dies available this month so you could really have so much fun this summer! Check out the website for some of these - Large Dresden Plate - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/659847/sizzix-bigz-l-die-dresden-plate-large, Tessellating Pinwheel - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658661/sizzix-bigz-die-tessellating-pinwheel-4-1-2-assembled,
These are just a few, and some of my favourite new dies - there will be some great new projects coming up in the next few months.
To get a preview of some of these new dies don't forget to come along to the Quilts UK show at the Three Counties Showground next week! 15th - 18th May - I'll be demonstrating the Big Shot and Bigz dies alongside Cotton Patch and Lynne will be demonstrating alongside Lady Sew and Sew - come and see us.
I'll bring you photos from Malvern next week - have fun sewing.
Angela
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment