Thursday 1 May 2014

Half hexagons



Happy 1st of May - and this is an exciting date because we have some new dies available from today!
New dies always make me happy - so check out the website and see which you fancy.
I have just changed the subject of my blog for this week, because I've been asked about which hexagon will fit with our new half-hexagon die 658880 http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658880/sizzix-bigz-die-5-half-hex
and it's actually larger than our new big hexagon die - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/657885/sizzix-bigz-die-hexagon-2-1-4-sides
so I decided that I could come up with a way to create a half-hexagon from any of the hexagon dies - it's so easy -
Measure 1/4" above the centre of the hexagon die, and then tape along that line -

 
 
Then place the straight edge of fabric up to the tape -

then roll through the Big Shot as usual -

It really is that easy - and it will work with any size of hexagon and you can leave the tape in place to use again when needed!
Now I would like to say that this technique will not stop  the new half-hexagon die 658880 becoming a firm favourite of mine - I've already got a stack of fabric cut ready to make up - so in the next few weeks ( or maybe months!) there will be a new project featuring this die.
This evening I will be at Craft Days in Saffron Walden from 7 - 9 pm, where I will be demonstrating the Big Shot and Bigz Dies - if you're in the area come and join in - the more the merrier! (There is also rumour of cake !!).
If I don't see you there I'll be at Quilts UK in Malvern from 15th to 18th May - come and say Hello and be tempted by new dies!!
Enjoy your week.
Angela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment