Thursday 22 May 2014

In a spin



I've just about recovered from demonstrating, at Quilts UK at Malvern, last weekend - it's tiring work talking for most of the day!! However it is lovely to meet friends, and make new ones, whilst demonstrating the Big Shot and Bigz Dies - and it's always great to introduce new dies.
Before I start on my latest project I just want to say that, although I didn't have much time to look around, there were some fantastic quilts there - the quilting on the overall winning quilt was awe inspiring. I came away inspired and with lots of ideas for more projects, unfortunately I can't put my photos up for you to see as I haven't got permission from the show organisers to use them - but I'm sure you'll see photos in various magazines over the next couple of months.
I decided that at this show I would use the demonstrations of some of the new dies to cut fabrics for some new projects - so now I have a small quilt cut from London Icon fabrics - using the 10" Dresden Plate - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658884/sizzix-bigz-xl-die-10-dresden-plate
I also have cut some diamonds in Christmas fabrics from my stash - Bigz die 658671 - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658671/sizzix-bigz-xl-25-die-diamonds-2-1-2-2-3-4-x-6-1-2-unfinished - so I may have a Christmas quilt made this year ( or maybe next!)
Now to the real point of all this - I cut a whole lot of Tessellating Pinwheels from fabrics bought a couple of weeks ago to make a quilt for my youngest granddaughter -

The fabrics are from Andover Fabrics - Just for Fun by Marisa and Creative Thursday - and I couldn't resist them!
When cutting using the Tessellating Pinwheel 658661- http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658661/sizzix-bigz-die-tessellating-pinwheel-4-1-2-assembled
you need to be aware that it is asymmetrical so you will need to cut the fabric all the same way - ( so you will need to cut 5" wide strips of fabric instead of fan folding).
 So here is my first block - and I've decided to use all the different fabrics intermingled - so look below for the work in progress
I think I need now to stop and make sure that this is going to work before I start stitching any more blocks - so look out next week to see how this has progressed.
Have a lovely weekend.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment