Saturday 17 May 2014

New quilt in project




I imagine you know the last collection " April Showers " by 
 Bonnie & Camille  for Moda Fabrics so colorful . I really like  Camille´s style and how she designs her quilts. So I have given a chance to try something with these fabrics.









You saw how I enjoyed  drunkard´s path dies  in my last post . It was my first time and wanted to do some small project like that cushion.
Now I ´m ready for something bigger like a quilt using a charm pack and some fabric metres.







Supply List at this moment.


657900



657168

New stock code: 659849 

657169


New stock code: 659850

Charm Pack April Showers
Kona Cotton Solid - Snow  1/2 yd.



I chose colours in groups of four squares , like grey , greens, red , white and blue.
I could to cut  until eight units in only one time with my Big Shot Machine ... there were four fabric squares in  each pack.















Here you can see how perfect is the cutting 






Then , I cut the other  piece with the white Kona . I folded the fabric  until four times and got eight pieces.








This is how I ´m ready to do my quilt with a total of 32 drunkard´s path quarter circles  and 32 drunkard´s path arch & fan backgrounds







I have an idea to do the blocks and sew the quilt, but this will be next Saturday , when I hope I can show you my finished quilt quilted.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Love
Mercedes



..................................................................************* .................................................................. 



Me imagino que ya conoceis la última collección  " April Showers " de   Bonnie & Camille  para  Moda Fabrics tan alegre y colorida. La verdad es que me gusta mucho el estilo de Camille y el estilo de sus quilts. Así que le he dado una oportunidad a esta colección probando estas telas.

Ya viste que me encantó usar los troqueles Drunkard´s Path en mi último artículo. Era la primera vez y quería  hacer algún proyecto pequeño como el cojín, antes de hacer algo más grande.



Materiales en este artículo:


657900



657168

New stock code: 659849 

657169


New stock code: 659850

Charm Pack April Showers 
Kona Cotton Solid - Snow  1/2  yarda.




Elegí colores en grupos de cuatro cuadrados como gris, verdes, rojo , blanco y azul. Hasta ocho unidades pude cortar de una vez colocando en grupos de cuatro telitas.
Si echas un vistazo verás lo limpio que son los cortes.

Después corté la otra piece con la tela blanca. La doblé cuatro veces y conseguí cortar ocho  de una vez. Mirando la foto  lo verás.

Así que tengo preparadas , para hacer mi quilt,  32 piezas de cada modelo .
Tengo una idea de cómo  hacer los bloques para montar el quilt pero eso sera el próximo Sábado ,cuando te lo enseñé acabado y acolchado. 


Que tengas un maravilloso fin de semana
Cariños
Mercedes 

1 comment: