Saturday 24 May 2014

Vane quilt






Finally I  got this little quilt finished after a week full of things  to do with family , home and work. I  love so much   how it turned out!
The  Drunkard´s path  dies have a lot of possibilities and this one is another one.
I told you how I started the idea in my last post , when I cut the nice fabrics " April Showers " collection.









Supplies


657900



657168

New stock code: 659849 

657169


New stock code: 659850

Charm Pack April Showers
April Showers ( 55082-17 )  1-1/4 yd.
April Showers ( 55086-13 )  1/2 yd

Kona Cotton Solid - Snow  1/2 yd.







I started doing a selection by colours in groups of four and I  sew block like this. I have had some squares off  because it didn´t match. So I only could to get  eight blocks in total.

I called " vane quilt " because of it remembered a vane turning on itself , didn´t you ?












For the quilting I did a zig zag with my Bernina machine  ( number 28 )  using  the walking foot . This is the first time I quilt in this way and I like the texture .  I tried  1" between each ziz zag line. 










Two borders  were added around the blocks , the outer  with the same print that the backing.  Love those  happy and colorful flowers 







Although  it is a little quilt , it can be used as a table runner , isn´t it ?
It would be great you can use these dies and see how easy is to  get this block.



Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Love
Mercedes


..................................................................************* .................................................................. 



Después de una complicada semana con la familia, la casa y el trabajo, conseguí tener este pequeño quilt acabado y acolchado. ¡Me encanta cómo ha quedado!
Los troqueles de este bloque , Drunkard´s Path tienen muchas posibilidades y ésta es una de ellas.
Te conté cómo empecé mi idea en el ultimo artículo , cuando corté las telas de la colección “ April Showers “.


Empecé haciendo una selección por colores en grupos de cuatro del charm pack y cosí los bloques como el que ves en la foto .  Me han quedado algunos cuadrados de tela sin usar porque se quedaban impares o no casaban con el resto de los colores.

Lo he llamando “ quilt veleta “ porque me recordaba  a una veleta girando sobre sí misma , ¿ no te parece ?

Para el acolchado hice un zig zag con mi máquina Bernina usando el motivo número 28 y  la patilla de doble arrastre. Es la primera vez que he hecho este tipo de acolchado y estoy bastante satisfecha. Hay una separación de una pulgada entre cada línea del zig zag.

 Añadí dos bordes alrededor , el exterior de la misma tela que la trasera. Me gustan mucho esas flores tan alegres.

Aunque es un pequeño quilt , también puedo usarlo como camino de mesa, ¿ verdad ?
Sería estupendo que puedieras probar estos troqueles y ver lo fácil que es  hacerlos.

Los materiales los tienes más arriba indicados , donde dice " Supplies "


Que tengas un maravilloso fin de semana
Cariños
Mercedes 



1 comment: