Hello again - I hope those of you in the UK enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend - I decided to spend a part of the time trying to tidy and sort my sewing room - and 3 hours later I decided that I probably need to move into a larger room! so over the next couple of weeks I intend to do that - I'll let you know progress!
I have also managed to make quite a bit of progress on the tessellating pinwheel quilt for Oona.
As each block links into the surrounding blocks I had to lay all the blocks out before I could stitch them together - here it is part done ,
It is much easier to create a pinwheel quilt with half of the pinwheels in the same fabric to form a background - but I really like this random effect and think it's worth the extra time and effort to create. Take time to make sure that you are joining each block in the right order.
I made 35 blocks to create a 5 x 7 block quilt centre - 40" x 56".
I'm really pleased with the result, and I've enjoyed piecing the blocks because the fabric is so precisely cut with the Big Shot and Bigz Dies.
I would like the quilt to be a bit bigger, so I am going to audition some plain fabrics to see which colour enhances the quilt the most, and then I will finish with a pieced binding using the small left overs from the fat quarters - but that will have to wait until next week.
I hope you'll look in again next week to see if the quilt is finished - and if I've made any progress on moving my sewing room!
Enjoy your weekend.