Saturday, 22 August 2015

An Apple Core Quilt : The beginning





Hi everyone!Today I come with a new project to finish  this month. It´s a new quilt with a traditional block, Apple Core.
This die gives you a piece with a good size. The good thing is that you don´t need to use an apple core ruler or any other pattern, just use your Big Shot and cut  and cut all the pieces you want , quick and easy. I have got 8 apple cores  in only one time.






I had some nice fabric waiting  for a long time. Now with this die Apple Core  I can use them. I cut out cream and print fabric.







I layed printed and cream fabrics  in an alternate combination and doing " stairs" with the same kind of print. Hope you can understand what I say, just take a look to the pics. 






Here it is all the apple cores , 12x9 , 108 in total.
I will sew all the pieces by machine.



First I started sewing the first  row pinning  apple cores and sew them. Before the next one I preferred   press all the pieces sewn.
This is a slow process so I imagine I will need time to sew all the quilt.




After the first row I continued with the second one and then sewing both together.

Now I have to do the same thing with all the apple cores. 




Hope you enjoy your weekend  in a creative way!
See you in two weeks
Love
Mercedes



...............................................................********************............................................................


¡ Hola a todo el mundo! Hoy os traigo un nuevo proyecto para acabar el mes. Es un quilt  que he empezado con un bloque tradicional , corazón de manzana.
Este troquel  te permite cortar una pieza de un buen tamaño. Lo bueno es que  no necesitas una regla especial ni ningún tipo de patrón, sólo usar  la Big Shot y cortar y cortar todas las piezas que quieras, así  de rápido y simple. Yo he cortado hasta 8 de una vez.
Hacía tiempo que tenía algunas telas de una colección esperando por un bloque que me gustase, así que ha llegado el momento con este  Apple Core Die. Corté también tela en crudo.
Coloqué las telas alternando las estampadas con la lisa y luego colocando las que tenían el  mismo estampado en “ escalera”. Echa un vistazo a las fotos para hacerte una idea.
En total he colocado 12x 9 haciendo un total de 108 que coseré a máquina.
En un principio empecé cosiendo la primera fila, una pieza con otra, luego planché y comencé con la segunda. Una vez acabadas las cosí juntas.

Este proceso está siendo  algo más lento de lo que imaginaba, sobre todo porque hay que coser curvas, así que necesitaré algo más de tiempo de lo que esperaba.


Espero que  disfrutes de tu fin de semana lo más cretinamente posible.
Te veo en  un par de semanas.
Cariños
Mercedes

No comments:

Post a comment