Tuesday 18 August 2015

Expressing Gratitude with a Card

Hello Sizzix fans!

We all sometimes wish to express gratitude to someone we love dearly, isn't it? For me, there is no better way to say thank you than with a handmade card. Can you imagine that I was very excited when I got my hands on the beautiful Thinlits Die Set Phrase Thank You with Hearts? I used this die set and several other Sizzix dies to make a thank you card. 


Sizzix products:
Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame die

The card itself was made with the beautiful Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame die. I cut out a postage stamp with this die and attached it onto a piece of white cardstock. I then attached a piece of light brown paper on top of it to make the other die-cuts stand out more. 


As I  mentioned before, the beautiful sentiment on my card was cut out with the Thinlits Die Set Phrase Thank You with Hearts. I inked the sentiment and adhered it onto a kraft ticket. I added a big heart behind the ticket and also further decorated my card with several tiny hearts. They were all cut out with the Bigz Die Heartfelt. The lovely butterfly on the ticket is a die that is part of the Thinlits Floral Wreath Set


I adorned my card with several leaves in the left lower corner and the right upper corner of my card. These leaves were cut out with dies from the Thinlits Floral Wreath Set as well. I thought the leaves suited the gratitude theme of my card quite well and therefore could not resist using these beautiful dies. 

I hope I could inspire you to also take out your Sizzix dies in order to make someone a beautiful thank you card. 
Happy crafting!

In Dutch:
Hallo Sizzix fans!

Eens in de zoveel tijd is het best fijn om je dankbaarheid te tonen aan iemand om wie je geeft, toch? Ik doe dit altijd graag door middel van een zelfgemaakte kaart. Ik was dan ook blij verrast toen ik de mooie Thinlits Die Set Phrase Thank You with Hearts in mijn handen kreeg. Ik heb deze stansen en nog een aantal andere Sizzix stansen gebruikt om een 'Bedankt'-kaart te maken.

Sizzix products:
Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame die

De kaart zelf is gemaakt met de mooie Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame mal. Ik heb met deze mal een postzegelvorm uitgestanst en deze op wit cardstock geplakt. Daar heb ik vervolgens een stuk lichtbruin papier opgeplakt, zodat de die-cuts meer zouden opvallen. 

Zoals ik eerder zei, heb ik de tekst op mijn kaart uitgestanst met de Thinlits Die Set Phrase Thank You with Hearts. Ik heb het woord 'Thank you' geïnkt en op een kraft ticket geplakt. Achter het ticket heb ik een groot hart geplakt en ik heb mijn kaart tevens versierd met een paar kleine hartjes. Deze zijn allemaal uitgestanst met de Bigz Die Heartfelt. De mooie vlinder op het ticket is een mal uit de Thinlits Floral Wreath Set

Ik heb mijn kaart daarna versierd met een aantal blaadjes in de linkeronderhoek en de rechterbovenhoek van mijn kaart. Deze blaadjes komen ook uit de Thinlits Floral Wreath Set. Ik vond de blaadjes wel goed passen bij het thema van mijn kaart en kon het daarom niet  laten om ze te gebruiken.

Ik hoop dat ik je heb kunnen inspireren om ook met je Sizzix stansen aan de slag te gaan en voor iemand een mooie bedankt-kaart te maken.
Veel knutselplezier!

3 comments: