Monday 3 August 2015

One die - three ways with the Thinlits Plus Pillow Box Set


Today I was inspired by a series of projects that Sizzix recently did on one die many ways, in which 6 bloggers took this Pillow Box Thinlit set and each made a different version. (You can check them here part 1 and part 2!). But this time I wanted to highlight the fact that you can use the inner panel dies to create beautiful fronts of cards.



For this project you will need:

Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only - 660020
Sizzix Pillow Box Thinlits Plus Die - 660844
Sizzix Accessory - Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits Dies - 660320
Sizzix Accessory - Die Brush & Foam Pad for Wafer-Thin Dies - 660513



I took a landscape A6 folded card, and placed the intricate inside die for the pillow box and secure it with low tack tape in place (just right to the scored line). I used instead one of the cutting plates the awesome Precision Base Plate


Because there is so much detail in this die, you may have to run it two or three times through the machine. After running through machine just turn it over and check that you can see all the cut lines.


While the die is still in place, use the die brush to release all the die cut small bits. I love this brush! It comes with the black mat that  its quite static so all those pieces don't fly away.


Then I place the same die in the other part of the card. I tried to link them as closely as possible. There are many possibilities, I could have left a bigger gap  or even not die cut it at all.


Once run it through the die cutting machine, I saw that I overlapped it too much, but not too worry!  


I  trimmed a piece of the same white card and stamped the message on it. Then just attached it to the front.



To finish it off, I just added the wooden hearts.


Finally I just added a contracting panel for the background. If you are wondering where would you write the message, there two options, the back of the card or make the pink paper a folded one so that you can write inside.


The box is simple, and you can add a contrast panel for the flap.


And with the other panel you can create this simple card too. As you can see a single pass through the die cutting machine

I hope this inspires you to try your dies in a different way!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,
    thank you so much for this great idea! The cards and the variation of the pillow box are sooo beautiful!
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annika! Huge compliment from you!

      Delete