Wednesday 23 October 2013

Halloween Fun (Part 2)



By the time this post is published I will be landing in Slovenia, where I am teaching a series of workshops in the historic and picturesque city of Ljubljana which is very exciting for me as it is a place that I have never visited before, I promise to let you know all about it next week.  


I hope you liked the Frankenstein card last week, if so here are a few more ideas using many of the same dies and techniques. To make the Wolfman card I used the Ornate and Pennants On the Edge dies alongside my trusty Framelits Circle #2 set. The card used is the BoBunny Double Dot card.


I started by trimming a 13cm wide rectangle of Orange card to size using both blades of the Ornate On the Edge die. Next, I trimmed it to size with a pair of scissors and tried it for size against a rectangle of brown card (10 x 15cm). I made the teeth using the pennants die and attached them to the face along with a 10cm wide rectangle of brown card representing the chin.


The next job was to trim the base of the chin using the other blade on the pennants die. After die cutting and assembling the eyes using the Framelits circles I added them to the card along with the top of the head which was attached using 3D foam pads. To create the ears and nose I used an old favourite technique. I die cut a circle from the orange paper, folded it in half and placed the die back onto it cutting two leaf shapes. These were attached to each side of the head forming the ears. The base card was created from ivory card stock and I rounded off the corners using my trusty Corner Chomper.


Here is the finished card and below are a couple more, I was having so much fun I couldn't stop myself!


The Mummy was a collection of distressed paper strips and die cut circles, the teeth were made using the Plaque & Postage On the Edge die



The vampires hair was die cut using the Brackets On the Edge die and the fangs using the same Pennants die used above


Here is the complete set. Using these few simple ideas and techniques is a great way to have fun with die cutting and it really opens up a new world of creative possibilities.

Have Fun!!!





2 comments:

  1. These are really great, Pete - even better than I had expected! Not sure which is my favourite - I guess you'd just have to make them all! Hope you've had a good time in Ljubljana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, I think I like the Frankenstein as that was where the idea originated, Ljubljana was great we ran 8 workshops and it's reasuring to see that crafters are the same everywhere!!

      Delete