Thursday 31 October 2013

Hexagon make up bag.



So this is when I reveal what I've made with the scrappy hexagons - well I guess the title has given it away.
 
 
The finished bag is 7" across, 5" high  and 4 " deep. You  can see from the photo that I cut the hexagon fabric into shape in one piece about 21" long and 7" across - the sides are 5" deep and 4" across.

I cut a piece of plain cotton the same size and shape for the lining. I place the 2 pieces right sides together and stitched a 1/4" seam across the front and sides and turned it right side out. I then pinned and stitched the 4 side seams.
I used one of the jelly roll strips to make the binding - the front side seams were bound separately and then the back seams and the bag flap were bound in one go.
Fix the flap with your choice of fastener.
I like the crazy scrappy look for a change.
This could make a quick ~Christmas gift - and you could easily change the measurements to make a different size - or even a set.
Happy sewing.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment