Thursday 17 October 2013

Happy hexagons




Hello, it's a cold but sunny Autumn day. I am enjoying being at home for a while after a crazy few weeks of travelling. I really enjoyed working at the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace - and meeting quite a few of you. I always enjoy demonstrating the Big Shot and Bigz Dies - I love seeing the reaction, when it cuts so cleanly and easily, for people seeing it for the first time.
I managed to purchase some new fabrics for future projects -

they are from the Downton Abbey range by Andover fabrics - and I think they are lovely - I expect them to feature in projects in the new year.
Meanwhile - I have been busy with my pieced hexagons - pictured below - I'm using some fabrics by Tilda. I'm really enjoying the piecing process - which I wouldn't attempt without the hexagon dies,
I've used die 658316 (3/4") for the papers and 658317 for the fabric. I have some travelling to do in the next couple of weeks so I'm hoping to have some time to stitch some more hexagons together - I can use the time travelling to stitch - so that the time goes quickly and I won't get bored - we'll see how that works out.
That's all for this week - I hope you've up  got some exciting new projects  lined up for the Autumn.
Keep stitching.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment