Friday 4 October 2013

Journal obsession continues - Thinlits in mixed-media way!


Hi, it's me again!
Not so long ago I was posting some pages done in my "Odyssey" journal - altered book which I fill with new pages from time to time. All of them are dedicated to my family - parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. All of the pages are media based but when I add elements I simply can't resist and I HAVE TO add something special, dimensional and intricate....and that's why I love Sizzix Thinlits so much!
The page below is no differetn - there are beautiful elements cut out from white cardstock with a set of Echo Park Paper Sizzix dies. The photo shows my uncle, Bogdan during one of the important family gatherings. I think he could be around 20 in this time...


Here you can see some more of the details - I used Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - For the Record 2, Documented (659109) and a lot of paper scraps, canvas scraps and metal embellishments from Prima (Vintage Vanity A4 journaling pad, Vintage Vanity Stamps, Elementals - Canvas resist Sheets, Sunrise-Sunset Stencil, Mechanicals).



I love how the cut outs correspond with the shapes of the metal trinkets and how they add the great depth to the project. It is so simple yet spectacular...
I hope you will have a great, creative week!
See you soon!
Finn



1 comment: