Monday 11 May 2015

A tribal layout


I love bright colours but I am often intimidated by them. But since summer is not that far away, I decided to go a bit brighter.

I love the new Tribal collection of Craft Asylum for Sizzix, specially the Hearts die, and they cry for strong colours.


I first cut the white card to size. Then I die cut all the hearts in three shades of pink and once of dark of yellow. I then die cut the leaves from a different die from the same collection, layer them all out and glue them.

Then I placed the photo, which features my cousin and myself on Christmas day 2014. It doesn't matter that the layout does not reflect the holiday itself but rather the friendship and love between us.

I placed the crystals on the photo and then the clip.


The letters are die cut from using my favourite alphabet die at the minute, Tim Holtz Block Talk Lowercase.


I just love how the intricate hearts match perfectly the solid ones, allowing you to layer them up perfectly or slightly of set.

Finally I added the strips of colour on the left of the layout.

bright and summery, even if the photo is from Christmas. I love that about scrapbooking, there are no rules, and as long as you like it, its all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment