Monday 25 May 2015

Rainbow Dots Cushion: Completed









Die used: Circles, 3/4in

The cushion I began last week decorated with an explosion of little rainbow spots is now all finished, complete with two buttonholes on the reverse. Having said in my previous post that I would finally learn how to do buttonholes on my new sewing machine, I did have to keep my word really!



Initially I sewed the front and back together around the edge with wrong sides facing and then turned it the right way out. This meant the side was plain and once the cushion pad was inserted it wrinkled and lost some definition. After deliberating for a while over whether to add a thin side panel or binding the edge, I opted for binding and so unpicked the sides and began again.


It was definitely worth taking the time to unpick and re-do it as the binding provides a nice outline and accentuates the circular shape of the cushion.

The back is made using some Amy Butler fabric from my stash and a couple of buttons from my button jar.


And that's it all done, no more cushions again now for a while.

Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment