Sunday 3 May 2015

"Hello Baby Girl" By Gerry van Gent

Happy Sunday everyone!

Today I am sharing a cute project that I created for a new-born baby girl.
This time I decided to create something special instead of a traditional card.
I used the Free New Baby Paper Downloads and
I mixed some old and new Sizzix dies. 

Hello baby Girl_gerry

Sizzix-rebrand-logo-low-res
660515 Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit Machine
660473 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Decorative Trim #2
660804 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Happiness Phrases
658551 Sizzix Sizzlits Dec. Strip Die Mini Filmstrip & Mini Tickets
656621 Sizzix Sizzlits Dec. Strip Die Filmstrip Frames
billboard
*         *        *

To create this project I used two different sizes wooden spools 
which were my base to attach the die-cut filmstrips.
Filmstrips were die cut from dark brown cardstock and adhered
around the wooden spools. Then I treated a bit with gesso & ink.
1

I used one of the gorgeous butterfly dies included in the Sizzix Plus Starter Kit.
It was die cut from white cardstock and decorated with a mini paper rose.

Cute little hearts come from the Heart border (Decorative Trim #2).
I cut separately each heart and glued on the styrofoam.
2

Don't you just love that cute little bird from Free New Baby Paper Downloads?
3

"Hello" phrase was die cut twice - once from white cardstock and
once from the pattern paper. 
4

From "Congratulations" phrase I made a banner by
cutting a small triangles at both ends.
I attached to filmstrip with foam squares for more dimension.
5

6

My project was adhered on a piece of styrofoam and
then adhered on a wooden tray.
7

8

Hello baby Girl 2

Have a creative Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cute! Love that clever mind - filmstrips are adorable!

    ReplyDelete