Wednesday 6 May 2015

Flower Power



This weekend my wife and I went for a picnic with some friends and our children. We climbed a steep woodland path which brought us out at a place called Bluebell Wood where the trees start to thin out and either side of the winding path is carpeted thick with..... bluebells!

I love being in the woods this time of year because the colour of young leaves and bluebells combined with slanting sunlight is nothing short of stunning so I thought that it was time for some rich floral colour.

I have only used one die, Flower layers & Leaf #2 from the good people at Doodlebug Design which is one of my favourite releases in recent months. If memory serves I used a little while back for some textiles projects (very versatile!)

You are going to love the papers that I am using today and you are probably wondering where you can buy them and more importantly, how much they will cost? well, they are FREE!!! all you have to do is follow this link and you can print them off to your hearts content!

This weekend I will be visiting Sprinkle Twinkle in Kings Lynn demonstrating all the latest Sizzix goodies so if you are in the area why not pop in and say hello! You wont be disappointed because it's a regular Aladdin's cave of all the latest and greatest crafting gizmos.

I started by creating a 12 x 17 cm cream base card before cutting an 11 x 16 cm rectangle of floral card and rounding off the corners with a punch after which I attached it to the face of the base card. I could happily send this card as it is I love this paper so much!




Next, I cut an 8 x 10 cm rectangle of cream card, rounded off the corners and wound a length of natural twine around the top before securing with a double bow.


I chose the phrase 'Bloomin' marvellous' from the embellishment sheet because it reminded me of my Aunty Blod! Using a craft knife I trimmed one end into a banner.


I attached the banner to the cream rectangle using a staple and die cut the parts of the flower from some of the assorted FREE Papers. Sorry to put it in capitals, but you don't get much for free these days!


And here is our card assembled. I also added the little die cut star burst to the centre of the flower and finished it with an adhesive gem.


Here's another one just for fun using the same die and papers and of course my old friends the circle and scallop circle Framelits.



No comments:

Post a Comment