Sunday 3 May 2015

May Day Felt Flower Wreath






1st May in the UK is 'May Day'. In the past, it has often involved celebrations of maypole dancing and appreciating the Spring flowers and greenery. I've been so inspired by all the Spring blooms lately so decided to make a felt flower wreath to hang on the door of our home.

I used the Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit which is getting so much use for lots of my projects now!


I cut felt petals using the Bigz Petal Power Flower Die in pink and white. 


Then I used a hot glue gun to secure all the petals together. I love glue guns, they are so useful for all types of crafting! It was much quicker than sewing all the petals together.

I covered a polystyrene wreath with light coloured burlap and secured with a glue gun.


I added a string for hanging the wreath and attached the flowers to the wreath, again with the hot glue. This is so simple to make I am thinking it would be good for the holidays as well.


I hope you like my wreath project and it has inspired you to get crafting. We celebrate May Day with an extra day off work, so I'll be using the time to work on some more craft projects.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment