Thursday 7 May 2015

Friends - new and old


How quickly the weeks are flying by - it only seems like yesterday that I wrote my last blog!!
I've just spent a lovely morning here at Black Sheep Wools - demonstrating and training with the Big Shot Plus, and Bigz dies - which you can see laid out on the table.
This quilt is one of my all time favourites -

 I made this quilt using the Big Shot Machine, and Bigz hexagon dies - 658316,
and die 658317,  http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658317/sizzix-bigz-die-hexagons-1-sides-2 , for the fabrics. I used some of the Tilda fabrics for the quilt.
I tacked the fabric over the papers, and then stitched them into lozenge shaped blocks - these travelled with me on holiday, to appointments - it's so easy to just keep a small bag with papers, cut fabric, scissors, needle and thread, in your bag and you can stitch a few whenever you have a few minutes (even in your coffee break).
I decided to add the border, and add some half blocks to complete the quilt.
There really isn't a quick way to put a hexagon quilt but at least the cutting is quick and precise.
Now next week is quilt show at Malvern - I'll be there demonstrating with The CottonPatch - I hope to see you there.
Angela
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment