Saturday 16 May 2015

My own Sizzix Challenge : Inspiring me quilt, the beginning








Hi everyone! Today I come with something very very especial. I´m doing my own challenge with Sizzix Dies.I´m planning a very big quilt made with 100 blocks  and using only Sizzix Dies!!Wow, can you believe ? Do you think I will be able to design this quilt? Yes, I¨m sure and I´m really enjoying with me first blocks.
This quilt is called "Inspiring me quilt" and it is design completely by myself.
Right now I have sew 9/100.
Some of them are made with embroidery as I´m an embroiderer too.
So , can and join with me!
This will be a fabulous challenge to yourself.
Maybe you only want to use what you have on hand but it would be great to add new Sizzix dies you will have forever for using in the future with more and more new projects.








Well, here I go  how I have started.
First decide the size of each block.
Mine are made with a 8'5" square background fabric.
I have done a selection for whole the quilt.

Here it is my method  for applique as I explained sometime ago in my post  Cutting freezce paper for applique
Just use the chosen die and cut out freezer paper ,now with my very super great Sizzix Big Shot Plus machine that I adore since it came home, thanks Sizzix!!









Iron on the wrong side of the fabric and cut out by hand.
Now I applique with hidden stitches.
Each block is clean and simple and some of the them with embroidered cotton thread (I used DMC )










Here are all the dies I have used.

Circles 2 in, 3 in &4in
Polly Doodle
Hexagons, 1 in sides #2
Hexagons, 1 1/4in sides
Hearts Primitive
Triangles, 2 1/2" H x 4 1/2" W Unfinished
Drunkard's Path Arch & Fan Background
Drunkard´s Path Quarter Circle
Flying bird

Ok here they are my treasures!









I´m sure I will need to repeat some block with different fabrics.





So here it is the beginning, what do you think? do you like it ? Would you like to join with me?
I will take time sewing this big project. I will share my progress some time later but you can follow this creative project in my blog Las Labores de Mercedes and of course on my Instagram account where they are with hashtag #inspiringmequilt

Wish me luck and see you in two weeks.
Love
Mercedes


...................................................*****************************......................................................

¡Hola a todo el mundo!Hoy os traigo algo muy muy especial. Estoy haciendo mi propio desafío con los troqueles Sizzix. Estoy planeando un gran quilt hecho con 100 bloques y ¡¡usando sólo troqueles de Sizzix!!Wow, ¿podéis creerlo? ¿ Creéis que seré capaz de diseñar este quilt ?Claro que sí, estoy segura y tanto que hay lo estoy haciendo con los primeros bloques.
Esta colcha la he llamado “ Inspiring me quilt “ y está completamente diseñada por mí.Ahora tengo cosidos 9/100 bloques.
Algunos irán con bordado porque ya sabéis que me encanta el bordado.
Este reto también está dirigido a ti.
Es posible que sólo quieras  utilizar lo que ya tienes, pero sería una buena manera de añadir nuevos troqueles a tu colección y que usarás para siempre en  otros nuevos proyectos.
Te cuento cómo he empezado. Primero decidí el tamaño de cada bloque , en este caso tiene una medida de  un cuadrado de    21,5 cm. Así corté las telas de fondo.
Ya tengo hecha la selección de telas para toda la colcha.

Mi técnica para la aplicación con freezer paper os la conté en el artículo Cortando freezer paper para aplicado hace ya algún tiempo.
Escogí el troquel , corté el papel con mi  super estupenda y nueva máquina de Sizzix Big Shot Plus y que adoro desde que llegó a casa gracias a Sizzix!!

Planché por el revés de la tela , recorté a mano dejando algo de margen y apliqué con puntadas escondidas .


Cada bloque tiene un diseño limpio y claro y algunos tienes bordado con hilo DMC.
Los troqueles que he usado son:

Circles 2 in, 3 in &4in
Polly Doodle
Hexagons, 1 in sides #2
Hexagons, 1 1/4in sides
Hearts Primitive
Triangles, 2 1/2" H x 4 1/2" W Unfinished
Drunkard's Path Arch & Fan Background
Drunkard´s Path Quarter Circle


En las fotos puedes ver los resultados. Seguramente tendré que repetir alguno pero será con telas distintas. 
Y eso es todo ¿ Qué te ha parecido? ¿Te gusta? ¿Te apetece unirte a este reto? 
Me llevará bastante tiempo y os iré mostrando mis avances, pero puede seguir mis progresos en mi blog Las labores de Mercedes y en mi cuenta de Instagram en la que he añadido el  hashtag #inspiringmequilt

Deséame suerte y nos ¡vemos en un par de semanas !
Cariños 
Mercedes




1 comment:

  1. Madre mia !!!! Que pasada, te ha quedado genial!!!!

    ReplyDelete