Sunday 15 February 2015

A "Congrats!" Layout by Gerry van Gent

Hello Sizzix peeps!
Happy Sunday to all of you ....
Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day with your loved ones!
Today I prepared another layout for you using New Sizzix dies and a 
"touch" of old ones ....a perfect combination :-)
This photo of my son was taken last Summer on his 11th birthday -
a day certainly worth remembering :-) and treasuring on the wall.

Congrats!

siz
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
NEW 660210 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Alphanumeric (1" Tall) 
NEW 660222 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Scribbles & Splat
NEW 660220 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Mixed Media
657826 Sizzix Sizzlits Dec. Strip Die Washer Border
656938 Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die Tag & Bookplates
*      *      *
To give more dimension and "glam" to the letters from my title I 
added "Dimensional Magic".  To be sure the letters won't  wrinkle and
to make them flat I die cut each letter three times.
 Then I adhered each letter on top of each other - it makes them now stable.
Subsequently I added the three dimensional accent.
How letters

N.B. I used the exclamation mark as a "body" for the dragonfly. 
3
 It took 3 hours for the letters to dry!
But once dry the result is simply amazing. 
As a final touch I distressed the letters with ink. 
close 1

 The Bookplate was die cut from corrugated cardboard and dark brown pattern paper.
When I adhered the pattern paper on top of the corrugated cardboard I distressed the
pattern paper with sanding paper. As a result you get "white" spots - 
these white spots I painted with blue paint.
I did almost the same with the die cut pattern paper matting the photo.
First I die cut the paper by using one of the NEW Mixed Media dies.
Then I painted the edges with gesso and once drie I painted with blue paint.
close 2

close 3

660220_Mixed media_Tim Holtz
I used this flower shape to decorate my embellishments.
close 4

close 5

whole close 3

I hope you enjoyed my project today!
Have a creative Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Great page: Unfortunate that it's not possible to pin for later reference when the dies are actually available to buy - Pinterest links only bring up the sizzix headers and flicker links are bringing up error messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this layout! The details...amazing. So glad I got that die cut - need to go use it!

    ReplyDelete