Saturday 21 February 2015

Cutting freeze paper for appliqué with Sizzix dies


Hi everyone! Today I come with a new idea. I have been using Sizzix dies for doing some applique in a different way, using cutting out freezer paper.
You have been some of my work  sewing some stitches with my machine on the piece that I want to appliqué on the fabric.
This time I wanted to use my beautiful Liberty fabric I bought from London last summer and I wanted something more delicate and with a  linen background.
And here it is ,  a nice flower  with stems thanks to Nel Whatmore  die that was waiting for me to use.




Here I go with the steps if you want to try it.
First cut out the freezer paper  with Polly Doodle die. There are different petals so I liked this one. You can try other combination if you prefer.





Ironed the freezer paper on the wrong side of the fabric, exactly on some of the nice flowers in the fabric. 





Cut out with my scissors leaving something  around the templates and used my iron.








Peeled the paper and used some glue like Sewline  to stick  the  outside stitching edge, especially with small pieces or points in the petals.
Pinned and appliquéd with hidden stitches by hand. 








I have a pair of ideas to finish my work......but you  will see  later when I sew the rest and do some quilting. 
I hope you enjoy this technique and how you can use Sizzix dies.Remember you can use the templates with freezer paper again!
Happy weekend and  I see you in two weeks.
Love
Mercedes



........................................................************************...........................................................


¡Hola a todo el mundo! Hoy vengo con una nueva idea usando los troqueles de Sizzix. ¿Sabías que se puede usar también para cortar freezer paper y hacer aplicaciones ?
Ya has visto algunos de mis trabajos aplicados cosiendo puntadas por encima de la pieza que quiero aplicar, pero esta vez quería algo más delicado ,usando una de las telas Liberty que compré el verano pasado en Londres y sobre un fondo de lino.
Y ahí lo tienes, una flor con ramas gracias al troquel de Nel Whatmore que estaba  todavía esperando poder usar.
Te cuento los  pasos por si quieres intentarlo.
Primero corté las piezas con el troquel Polly Doodle. Hay diferentes pétalos y centros de flor por lo que puedes sacarle mucho partido a este troquel  y hacer tu combinación favorita.
Planché las piezas sobre el  revés de la tela eligiendo alguno de los motivos de flores para tener centrados.
Corté con las tijeras dejando un margen para aplicar y usé la plancha para planchar hacia adentro. Echa un  vistazo a las fotos.
Luego quité el papel y pegué con pegamento, como Sewline,  algunas partes más complicadas o pequeñas .
Sujeté con alfileres y apliqué a mano.¡Y listo!
Tengo un par de ideas para acabar este trabajo  pero lo verás más tarde cuando termine de coserlo y hacer algo de acolchado.
Espero que te haya gustado esta técnica de aplicado usando los troqueles de Sizzix
Feliz fin de semana y  te veo en un par de semanas.
Cariños

Mercedes

1 comment: