Monday 16 February 2015

MY THIRD QUILT: PART 3










The quilt top is coming along nicely although much more slowly than anticipated. I have a terrible habit of completely underestimating how long a project will take - doubling my original estimate often tends to give a more realistic time-frame!

Progress hasn't been helped by the fact that the shallow wooden box that stores all of my half-square triangles (all cut using the Half-Square Triangles, 4 1/2in Finished Square die) is the cat's new favourite sleeping place!


My system is to have a square-sewing session until there is a decent sized pile and then arrange some of the squares into blocks and begin a block-sewing session.


I have completed a few blocks, giving a good idea of how the finished quilt will look. I really love the jewel colours.


A nice routine has emerged now so hopefully progress will be a little speedier. It is the half term school holidays here this week though so I can't promise vast amounts of sewing taking place over the next seven days!


No comments:

Post a Comment