Saturday 7 February 2015

Happy Valentine´s Day with a Valentine placemat




Hi everyone! Here it is my last project for next Valentine ´s Day. I have done a lovely placemat to enjoy with your love , friend or even yourself. I have called " Love is in the air" . Hope you like it !!






As usually , I have added some ribbons and laces. 
Here it  is the back of my quilting project.







I used two different dies, one for appliqué the letters(  Fresh Blossoms Alphabet )and other for the nice hearts  ( Banners & Hearts ) I love these dies by Stephanie Ackerman because  of
the size of the letters. I choose the big heart from the banner and hearts die. 
I designed this placemat leaving the bottom side for your cup of hot coffee  or chocolate with some muffins.... or plate , on a quilted zone with straight lines doing some diamond  shaped quilted




Well , here it is how I worked. First I selected the dies for the letters and my fabric. I used some fusible web on the wrong side of the fabric. Cut out and layer on my background fabric. 
Mine is 15" x 20"




Then I did the same with the big heart ........




I appliqué the letters and hearts with black thread   going three times on the hearts and one on the letters.
After that I added the cotton batting, draw some lines on the top to hold the hearts and did free motion quilting with some ribbons on the hearts.





Then  I added the backing fabric doing a sandwich with the top and batting and sew some straight lines with my walking foot  for my Bernina Aurora that I had drawn on fabric previously. The diamond are 1" width.



Finally  I sew the lace  and ribbon  on top and back and finished with the bias as usually. 
What can I do? I love, love very much my new placemat!!!




Now it´s time to come back work and think new projects. Meanwhile I can give other use to my    placemat.
Hope you have a wonderful Valentine ´s Day.
Enjoy your week .
See you in two weeks
Love 
Mercedes






..................................................*********************************...............................................


¡Hola a todo el mundo! Hoy os traigo mi último proyecto para San Valentín. He hecho un bonito mantelito para  desayudar o merendar para este día , o cualquier otro que tú quieras. Lo he llamando “ El amor está en el aire”. Espero que te guste.
Como suele ser habitual  en mis trabajos he añadido algo de cinta y puntilla.

En la segunda foto podéis ver el revés  en el que he añadido también algo de tela roja , cinta y puntilla.
He usado dos diferentes troqueles, uno para las letras (Fresh Blossoms Alphabet )y otro para los corazones(Banners & Hearts )
Me encantan estos troqueles de Stephanie Ackerman que ya he usado otras  veces.

En el diseño de este mantelito he dejado la parte inferior para colocar tu taza de café o chocolate caliente, con alguna magdalena o incluso un pequeño plato. Aquí he acolchado en forma de diamantes con líneas rectas.

Bueno, os cuento brevemente cómo lo he hecho. Primero seleccioné los troqueles del alfabeto que necesitaba y la tela que me gustaba. Pegué con la plancha entretela termofusible por el revés de la tela y pasé por la troqueladora en trozos hasta conseguir todas las letras. Hice lo mismo con los corazones.
 Los situé sobre mi tela de fondo. La mía tiene una medida de  38 cm x 51 cm.

Apliqué las letras  y corazones con hilo negro, pasando una vez sobre las letras y tres sobre los corazones. Después coloqué la guata de la misma medida que la tela de fondo , dibujé  una líneas sobre el top para colgar los corazones e hice acolchado libre en unos lazos sobre cada corazón.

Añadí la tela trasera haciendo un sandwich y acolché la parte inferior con las líneas que ya había dibujado previamente, con una anchura de 2.5cm . Utilicé  la patilla de arrastre de mi máquina Bernina Aurora para facilitar el trabajo.
Por último cosí la puntilla y la cinta por delante y por detrás y terminé con un biés.
¿Qué puedo decir ?¡¡¡Que me encanta!!!

Bueno, pues ahora toca volver al trabajo  y planear nuevos proyectos. Mientras tanto le doy otro uso a mi mantelito.
Espero que tengas un feliz Día de San Valentín.
Disfruta  de la semana y te veo en un par de semanas.
Cariños
Mercedes

No comments:

Post a Comment