Friday 6 February 2015

Vintage Dresden Quilt, Part 2





Hello Sizzix friends! I'm back this month with my latest progress on my Dresden quilt. So last month I showed you how to complete the block, and thus far I have five completed blocks. Yay!

For each block you need an 18"square to use as the backing. I've used Kona Snow, which I am also using for the centre circles. Press the backing fabric in half diagonally, and press the opposite diagonal to find the centre. Place the Dresden plate centred, with the blades arranged in the same way for each block. Pin in place, and appliqué the Dresden to the backing fabric with small, neat stitches.

I've got organised and pieced all my Dresden's ready for sewing, I can't wait to have a completed quilt top. So keep going until you have 12 completed blocks for your quilt top! The hand sewing is time consuming, but oh so worth it! I'll be back next month with my progress ;-) Happy stitching! Jessie.

Sizzix Die-Cuts:
Dresden Plate, Large // SKU: 659847
Bigz Circle 4inch // SKU: A10211

No comments:

Post a Comment