Sunday 22 February 2015

Home Decor Frame by Gerry van Gent

Hello Sizzix friends and happy Sunday!

Today I prepared for you a home decor frame
featuring two stunning NEW dies by Sizzix. This frame is super
easy to create and it makes it a great present for your....friends :-)
The size is 25 cm x 25 cm (approx. 9,9 inches x 9,9 inches)

HD Frame
siz
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
NEW 660218 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Handwritten Love
NEW 660236 Sizzix Bigz Die w/Texture Fades Butterfly Duo
*      *      *
The white background paper was treated with a few colors of spray paint and ink. 
N.B. The inner frame is 19 cm x 19 cm! 
Two different stamps were used here:
1. A text stamp so it will match my "Friends" title.
2. A flourish stamp to match the butterflies - Flowers & butterflies 
are always a perfect match .
close 2

The "friends" title was die-cut twice and adhered on top of each other.
I used black cardstock...and because I was missing a bit of "glam" I 
"painted" the letters by using a black "Sharpie" marker.
Love the "shiny" result!
close 1

Well, I simply love the new Butterflies Die by Tim Holtz. 
No wonder I made this home decor frame featuring these cuties.
I used 4 different pattern papers to die-cut them and then emboss them.
Did you know that the Butterfly Duo Bigz die comes with an 
Embossing folder so you get this amazing texture on these butterflies?
f1
Once the butterflies were die cut and embossed I used sanding paper to distress them...
f2
... after that I fussy cut four images so I can decorate the butterflies...
m2

m1

close 4
OTHER PRODUCTS I USED:
Prima Marketing - stencil, clear stamps
Maja Design - pattern paper
Tattered Angels - clear stamps
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays
Dutch Doobadoo - modeling paste
*      *      *
Have a creative Sunday!
Gerry

3 comments:

  1. How much talent can one person have? Seriously BEAUTIFUL!!! STUNNING!!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Gerry and would look amazing in any home. Just added those butterflies to my wish list x gorgeous colour palette too.

    Best wishes Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful!! I love these dies! You take Tim Holtz grunge to beautiful and classy!

    ReplyDelete