Thursday 26 February 2015

Rainbow Baby quilt


Have I mentioned that my nephews and niece are all expecting babies at about the same time!!
Well the babies have all be born - in the space of 11 days - so now I have to get sewing pretty quickly.
I had thought that I would design completely different quilts for each one - but reality and time pressure has won the day - I am going to make them all from the same fabrics but make each slightly different - my fabrics are these -
I bought these lovely spotted fabrics a little while ago and hadn't decided what to do with them - so I've started by cutting a lot of rectangles using the new Big Shot Plus http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660020/sizzix-big-shot-plus-machine-only-white-gray and Bigz die 659837 - 2" x 4" finished.
To begin I cut 6 rectangles from each of the 17 fabrics.  I think it will be lovely to include all of the colours for the boys and the girl - no sex discrimination here!
to cut white strips to form sashing.
Now at the moment I don't know how many of anything I'm going to use for each quilt - I know that's not helpful but this is as far as I've got with the first quilt -

All I can say is that you'll have to look at my blog again next week for more details - I plan to have this quilt made (maybe not quilted though), I'm after all the babies don't know I running late with their presents!!!
Also next week I'll have a gift to make for Mother's Day.
So now I'm off to have a cup of tea and some lunch before continuing the quilt.
Last reminder that I'll be running workshops in Glasgow, Sewing Knitting and Quilting Show at the SECC. I hope to see some of you there.
Angela
 



No comments:

Post a Comment