Thursday 19 February 2015

Starry coasters


I've had a very busy weekend at the Stitches trade show at the NEC in Birmingham - I love these shows where I have the chance to meet customers old and new - and I still love demonstrating the Big Shot machines and the dies. I also had the privilege to teach a workshop each day - and the photo below showcases what we made and two lovely ladies who played with the layout of the stars so that we used all three instead of two ( sorry girls I didn't get your names so can't mention you personally).
The project was initially to make a pin cushion but it could just as easily be a pin cushion!
  
 We used the new Big Shot Plus http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660020/sizzix-big-shot-plus-machine-only-white-gray - check it out on our website - it has a 9" wide aperture - so will be able to accommodate larger dies, and I love the new colour which is available in all 3 machine sizes, and is available from next month.
The dies we used were Bigz 5" circle -  http://www.sizzix.co.uk/catalog#q=5%22%20circle ,to cut 2 circles, and the new Nested Star - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/655160/sizzix-bigz-die-star-nested which we used to cut contrasting stars. We used a running stitch to fix the stars to one circle and then stitched the 2 circles together - a lovely quick and easy project. To make it into a pin cushion simply leave an opening, stuff and then complete stitching the circle.
 
 
and here is the alternative next to the original -

If you stitched these by machine then they could even be made as wedding favours ( as long as you're not having hundreds of people to the wedding!!!!)
Now I'm going to show you some photos of our stand at Stitches - and with it you'll get a glimpse of new dies that will become available over the next few months, and which will feature in some of my future blogs - hope you like them -






I loved our room setting - which gave an idea of lots of different ways to use our dies to create lots of lovely projects for the home.
So that's all for now.
I'll be at the Stitching Sewing and Quilting Show in Glasgow at the beginning of March - so I hope to see some of you there, and then later in March I will be at the Sewing for Pleasure show at the NEC in Birmingham. A busy month ahead, but I hope to meet lots of you there.
Angela
 Stitching Sewing & Quilting Show

No comments:

Post a Comment