Wednesday 11 February 2015

Introduction post: Romy Veul



Hi everyone!

I feel truly honoured to be writing this blogpost on the Sizzix blog today.
My name is Romy Veul and I have been a fan of Sizzix's beautiful dies and Big Shot machine for as long as I can remember.
Needless to say, I was completely surprised and very flattered when I was asked to join the Sizzix design team.
This is such an amazing opportunity.I look forward to the upcoming year.

I will first shortly introduce myself.
My name is Romy Veul, I am 21 years old and I live nearby Amsterdam, the Netherlands, together with my parents, my brothers and our cats. I have a Bachelor's degree in Dutch Language and Linguistics and I am currently doing the Research Master Linguistics in Amsterdam. When I am not studying, you will often find me scrapbooking or cardmaking. I started scrapbooking more than 8 years ago and haven't looked back ever since. I love the combination of documenting photos and memories in a creative way.
My style could best be described as layered, detailed and with a romantic touch. I also love to use dies to add some extra detail to my projects. So you can probably imagine that I was over the moon excited to get to work with the amazing Sizzix dies. It is a true honour to get to show you some of my work throughout this year and I hope that I can inspire you.
You can also find more of my work on my blog if you like:

I also thought it would be nice to show one of the projects that I recently made with some of my favourite Sizzix dies. It is a love card, just in time for Valentine's Day.


The base of my card is the Postage Stamp Frame die, which is one of my absolute favourite dies from Sizzix.  The "love" sentiment was made with the Handwritten Love set. I just love the script of the dies in this set. The beautiful hearts were all made with the Heartfelt die. The Mixed Media die set was used to create the honeycomb pattern in the corner of my card. I just love how you can use these dies in so many different ways.

 
I hope you enjoyed my blogpost!
Thank you for your visit to the Sizzix blog!
 
Dutch translation:
Hoi iedereen!
 
Ik voel me vereerd dat ik vandaag mijn eerste blogpost op het Sizzix blog mag schrijven.
Mijn naam is Romy Veul en ik ben al zolang ik me kan herinneren fan van de mooie Sizzix stansen en hun Big Shot apparaat.
Ik was dan ook blij verrast toen ik werd gevraagd om bij het Sizzix design team te komen.
Wat een geweldige kans. Ik zie nu al heel erg uit naar het komende jaar.
 
Ik zal mezelf eerst kort introduceren.
Mijn naam is Romy Veul, ik ben 21 jaar oud en woon in een dorp vlakbij Amsterdam, samen met mijn ouders, mijn broertjes en onze katten. Ik heb de opleiding Nederlandse Taal en Taalwetenschap vorig jaar afgerond en volg nu de Research Master Linguistics in Amsterdam. Als ik niet studeer, zal je me vaak zien scrapbooken of kaarten maken. Ik ben meer dan 8 jaar geleden begonnen met scrapbooken en ben er nooit meer mee gestopt. Het is de combinatie van het verwerken van herinneringen en foto's op een creatieve manier die ik zo leuk vind. 
Mijn stijl kun je het beste omschrijven als gelaagd, gedetailleerd en met romantische details. Ik gebruik ook graag stansen op mijn creaties voor leuke details. Je kunt je dus vast voorstellen dat ik dolblij ben dat ik met de mooie Sizzix stansen aan de slag kan. Ik vind het een eer dat ik dit jaar mijn creaties met jullie mag delen en hoop dat ik jullie kan inspireren.
Je kunt meer van mijn werk vinden op mijn blog, als je dat leuk vindt:
 
Het leek me ook leuk om jullie één van mijn projecten te laten zien die ik onlangs heb gemaakt met een aantal van mijn favoriete Sizzix stansen. Het is een liefdeskaart, net op tijd voor Valentijnsdag.
 
De basis voor mijn kaart is de Postage Stamp Frame stans, één van mijn favoriete stansen van Sizzix.  Het word "love" is gemaakt met de Handwritten Love set. Ik vind het handschrift van de stansen in deze set zo mooi. De leuke hartjes zijn allemaal gemaakt met de Heartfelt stans. De Mixed Media set is gebruikt om het honingraat patroon in de hoek van mijn kaart te maken. Ik vind het zo leuk hoe deze Mixed Media stansen op verschillende manieren kunnen worden gebruikt.
 
Ik hoop dat jullie mijn blogpost leuk vonden!
Dankjewel voor je bezoekje aan het Sizzix blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment