Wednesday 11 February 2015

Just the two of us



Another blog, another stolen song lyric! but it's such a great song I just couldn't help myself, not only that it seems a perfect fit with what I want to do today. Valentines is only three days away so if you haven't made your card yet here is a nice little idea.

I used two dies from the new Tim Holtz collection One is a Bigz die named Heartfelt which features no less than 11 different hearts, how's that for value? The other is a Thinlits set which we looked at last week named Scribbles & Splat and I absolutely adore it! Just click on the links to find out more.

I started by die-cutting three circular scribbles from heavyweight card before attaching them to a rectangle of mount board, we are using Bigz dies next and they eat mount board for breakfast! Place the mount board with the die-cuts attached face down onto the heartfelt die and die-cut two of the larger hearts.


 To add colour I'm going to use some Distress Paints, I've chosen Fired Brick and Picked Raspberry. I accelerated the drying process with a heat tool before adding some Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain the majority of which I immediately lifted off with a clean cloth. I wanted the stain to seep into the cracks to add contrast, the stain also tones down the vibrancy of the paint.
 Next, I used some white paint (anything with a matt or chalky finish will do) and I applied this over the hearts using a dry brush technique to lift the detail.

I printed the legend 'just the two of us' onto a white A6 base card and used a text pattern stamp to which I applied Old Paper Distress Ink which gives a very gentle effect.

And here is the finished card. I love the bold shapes/colours offset by all that white space, I really like the composition of this card, I hope you do too?

Next, week I'm going to explain some more mixed media techniques using some more dies fro this range...... lots more!!



1 comment:

  1. Wahou ! j'adoooooooooore, simple, mais avec de la matière ! Trop beau !

    ReplyDelete