Monday 16 March 2015

A Birthday card


Today I am sharing this card that I made while I am at my parents house, in Campanet (Mallorca, Spain) house I grew up, the room where I started making cards in my early teen years.  It was the first time that I used a big shot in the room that started it all for me, so it was a bit of an emotional experience!

 

Saturday was my mum's birthday and I managed to get her as a birthday present a brand new Big shot starter kit. I love all the dies and folder that comes with it, so I decided to make my mum's card using them. And I took the finished card photo in the balcony that my old room has. I spent many hours reading there.

 had small amount of supplies, though I had my basic tools, so it was a bit of a challenge to make a card that would work. But I think she loved it! 


One of the things I had was gold flakes and adhesives, so I decided to use them since my mum loves gold and I didn't have any other type of gold card.


Once the whole area was covered, I embossed it using the fabulous dotty A4 folded that comes as part of the Big Shot Plus starter kit. I love this machine! And so does my mum, who is just starting in paper rafting but is an expert seamstress.


I am always impressed on how even the pressure is through out.
I die cut White card using the Bigz die included in the kit to die cut the leaves, and the small thinlits to cut the individual leaves using black and yellow paper.


And this is the finished card, with the background a bit less out of pho us so you can see what I used to get up to every morning.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Paula we have visited the caves of Camponet many times in the past! Majorca is such a pretty island. Your card is gorgeous as is the view x

    ReplyDelete