Here's a project that I made using some beautiful papers, stamps and flowers from Prima and the Sizzix Mini-Album die.
This die has lots of options- the binding is adjustable! You can make the depth of the album either 3/8" or 1 1/8" just by where you fold on the score lines.
The album cover was cut from matboard. I used the Heart Mover and Shaper to die cut the window in the cover.
The Mini-Album die also may be used to cut the pages. Here's how...
- Fold a 12" x 12" sheet of paper in half and then in quarters.
- Place the large fold just shy of the last score line on the die and run the paper through the Big Shot. This will cut and score two page signatures.
- Place the page next to the book cover and slip a rubber band over the page and cover, then adjust in the book. This is a super quick and easy way to bind the book. You can also use twine, linen or thin ribbon to tie the pages into the binding of the book.
- There is also a piece on the die designed to be used as a closure. Attach the long end to the back of the book, then determine whether what depth of a book you will be making and mark a spot on the book where you feel you should close the book. Attach Velcro™Brand fasteners to each side of the latch.
- Layer flowers on the cover and add a metal embellishment with the word Journey.
Thanks for reading... Please follow my blog for lots of amazing projects by my Inspiration Team. You can also find me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!