Monday 30 March 2015

Teaching all the goodness of Sizzix

I am really lucky to travel a lot for work, one of my favourite parts of my job is teaching die cutting in different places. I specially enjoy when it is in my native Spain, where I get to teach them in my mother tongue, Spanish. 



This is the project I taught, a 4 x 4 mini album with many different tecniques of die cutting.


Two weeks ago I taught for the second time in Mallorca where I grew up. And this time one of the students was my mum? Can you guess who she is in this photo?


Then it was time to prepare for the following workshop in a shop in Barcelona. as I was cutting loads of Frameworks and of course I was left out with loads of bits.


I thought to make pretty cocktail sticks, which are always useful in clases to poke things out of their dies and to attach glue. A fine and useful idea courtesy of Katie Skilton and Elena Roche.

In the morning I taught this Big Shot Materclass. A bit too grand of a name, but basically this frame has over 20 different techniques and 16 different materials all die cut. Form embossing and sanding to paper patchwork and duck tape.


I loved how two students made a different colour scheme. Love when they do that!


And all of them finished the project! So proud!


Just as a confirmation, I introduce you my mum! 

My mum had never till three weeks ago used a die cutting machine but recently had said how much she would like one as it would be great to create craft projects with her granddaughter as well as to incorporate elements into her sewing, her true craft. My father, a professional full time artist, is now also very very interested in the Big Shot Plus, all those textures!

And in just two weeks of having the Big Shot Plus is addicted! Everyone can die cut and everyone can have a great time crafting, even if you never thought that it would be possible.

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment