Tuesday 10 March 2015

Masculine Lay-out by Romy






Happy Tuesday!

Today it's my turn to show you a new project. The project that I would like to share with you is a lay-out that I made about my boyfriend. Although the majority of my projects are feminine, romantic and shabby chic, I love to try making masculine lay-outs every once in a while too. Some of the Sizzix dies inspired me to make this vintage-inspired lay-out.



I used the beautiful Framelits Circles to make the circles on the background. In order to make the open circles, I used the smallest circle die within the second smallest circle die so that the inner part of the circle would be cut out. I slightly inked the edges of the circles with distress ink to make them stand out more. 

My title was cut out with the new 'Block Talk Capital' alphabet die. I just love the bold font of this alphabet, as it is just perfect for masculine projects. 


On my background I added several harlequin patterns, which are actually the left-overs of the 'Mixed Media Set' dies. I just love the fact that these dies are so versatile that you can both use the pattern itself and the left-overs of it. I arranged them randomly on my lay-out for a more playful look. 


I hope you enjoyed my blogpost.
Thank you for stopping by!

In Dutch:
Fijne dinsdag!

Vandaag is het mijn beurt om jullie een nieuw project te laten zien. Deze keer heb ik een lay-out te delen over mijn vriend, Jeroen. Hoewel de meeste van mijn creaties vrouwelijk, romantisch en shabby chic zijn, vind ik het ook leuk om af en toe mannelijke lay-outs te maken. Een aantal van mijn favoriete Sizzix stansen inspireerden me om deze vintage lay-out te maken.


Ik heb de mooie Framelits Circles gebruikt om de cirkels op de achtergrond te maken. De open cirkels zijn gemaakt door de kleinste cirkel stans te gebruiken binnenin de op-één-na kleinste cirkel stans, zodat ik de binnenste cirkel kon wegsnijden. Ik heb de cirkelranden licht aangezet met inkt, zodat ze meer zouden opvallen. 

Mijn titel is uitgestanst met de nieuwe  'Block Talk Capital' alphabet die. Ik vind dit zo'n mooi lettertype en het is perfect voor wat stoerdere creaties.  

Op de achtergrond heb ik een aantal ruitjes geplakt. Dit zijn eigenlijk de restjes van de 'Mixed Media Set' dies. Dit zijn zulke mooie veelzijdige stansen:je kunt zowel de achtergrond met het patroon zelf als de restjes van het patroon gebruiken. Ik heb de ruitjes willekeurig over mijn lay-out verdeeld voor een speelse uistraling.

Ik hoop dat jullie de blogpost leuk vonden.
Bedankt voor je bezoekje!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and all the circles!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout looks wonderful.. love the circle elements, and love the layering of the papers.. beautifully masculine too..

    ReplyDelete