Saturday 7 March 2015

Canning Jar Wedding Banner



In the morning, I am attending my friend's daughter's bridal shower. I bought her a gift in a store that provided silver wrapping paper... but Sarah, the bride-to-be, is not a silver wrapping paper kind of girl.

I have been helping her mom out here and there with some of the wedding decor and know that Sarah's colors are turquoise, red and mustard yellow. She is using canning jars for the table flower arrangements. I decided to make her a banner that they can use at the wedding, or after they are married, in their home.

There were a few words that I thought of spelling out but in the end I decided to make it simple and do their last name.

Supplies:

657900  Big Shot
655267  Extended Cutting pads
658453  Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Canning Jars, 3-D
655128  Serif Essentials Alphabet
Matboard (colors)
Chipboard for jars
Foam squares
Yarn
Strong hole punch


  1. Die cut from chipboard as many jars as you need for the words you want to spell.
  2. Die cut letters of words you want to spell.
  3. Adhere letters with foam squares to canning jar shapes to spell your message.




  4. Punch a hole on either side of the cans. 
  5. Thread yarn through the holes in the jars and leave enough on the end to tie the banner on with.
Simple, easy and personal...  Sending my best wishes to the bride and groom!

Visit my blog to see the Artist Trading Block Hop we were part of last week.  My Inspiration Team  and I collaborated with my Stampendous and wow was it inspiring...


No comments:

Post a Comment