Friday 13 March 2015

I love you Dad Card








Hi Sizzix friends!

Next week we celebrate Father’s day. That’s why I have made this little card to show dad how much we love him.  I have used the Alphanumeric and the Heartfelt dies, both designed by Tim Holtz to Sizzix.


As you can see, the word dad and the paper is the same piece. 





Here is the collage with the steps and the description of each step:

  1. I have used corrugated cardboard 10x20cm, scrapbooking paper, brown sparkly paper and burlap.
  2. I've drawn a pencil line where I want to put the word.
  3. I've put the dies a few millimeters over the pencil line.
  4. For preventing  the dies from moving I’ve used a washi tape. 
  5. Then I’ve aligned the pencil line with the ends of the cutting pads to prevent these few millimeters being cut. 
  6. This is the result after die-cut.
  7. I've used a cutter to cut the parts of the scrapbook paper I want to remove.
  8. Now I have the die-cutting scrapbook paper.
  9. I've used another piece of scrapbook paper to die-cut one of the hearts.


Now I have all the pieces for making my card:





The only thing I have to do is to glue all these pieces together with double sided tape or 3D foam pad.



Inside one of the card there is my son’s drawing and inside the other card I’ve added two pieces of paper where my elder son will write a few words and drawings for his father.


I have made one card in English and the other one in Spanish:



I've used the following Sizzix products: 





I hope you have enjoyed these cards . Thanks for your visit!


Have a creative and happy Friday!

------------------

¡Hola a todos!
La próxima semana se celebra el día del padre. Por este motivo, la tarjeta que os enseño hoy está dedicada a los papis. Una bonita forma de hacerles saber lo que les queremos.

He utilizado los troqueles Alphanumeric y Heartfelt diseñados por Tim Holtz para Sizzix.
Como podéis ver la palabra "papa o dad" está fusionada con el papel de fondo. He preparado un collage con el paso a paso así como unas explicaciones.

  1. He utilizado cartulina corrugada de 10x20, retales de papel para scrapbooking, papel purpurina marrón y arpillera.
  2. Dibujar un línea con lápiz donde queráis poner la palabra.D
  3. Situar los troqueles sobrepasando unos milímetros la línea del lápiz.
  4. Para evitar que se muevan los troqueles he utilizado washi tape. 
  5. Ahora alienar la línea del lápiz con el extremo de las placas de corte evitando así que los pocos milímetros que sobrepasan la línea se corten. 
  6. Este es el resultado después de troquelar.
  7. Usar un cutter para cortar el resto de papel que queremos retirar siguiendo la línea marcada.
  8. Ahora ya tenemos el papel troquelado y acabado.
  9. Usar otro trozo de papel para troquelar uno de los corazones.


Ahora ya tenemos todas las piezas para montar nuestra tarjeta. Lo único que necesitamos es celo de doble cara y almohadillas 3D.

En el interior de una de las tarjetas está el dibujo que ha realizado mi hijo y en la otra he añadido unas hojas para que mi hijo mayor pueda escribir y dibujar el mensaje a su padre.

He realizado una tarjeta en inglés y la otra en castellano. 



He utilizado los siguientes productos de Sizzix:



Espero que os hayan gustado las tarjetas. ¡Gracias por vuestra visita!


Os deseo un feliz y creativo viernes

3 comments: