Tuesday 24 March 2015

Love Is All You Need





Hi Sizzix fans,

Welcome on the Sizzix blog on this sunny Tuesday! 
Today I would like to show you a love lay-out that I made with some beautiful Sizzix dies. Sizzix offers quite a lot of dies that are just perfect for love-themed projects, such as the lovely Heartfelt die and the beautiful 'Handwritten Love' dies from Tim Holtz. I used several of these dies to make this love project about my boyfriend Jeroen.


I first took the 'Mixed Media Set' to cut out two of these honeycomb patterns. The nice thing about these dies is that you can use both the pattern itself and the left-overs. So I decided to not only incorporate the honeycomb pattern, but also the left-over hexagons from this die. I added them on a few random places on my lay-out. 


My photo is layered on top of several different papers. I also used the Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame die to cut out two postage stamp borders to tuck among the papers. 



There was no better die to use for my title than the beautiful 'Handwritten Love' set from Tim Holtz. I cut out the word 'Love' twice from black paper and added these words below my photo. I also used the beautiful Heartfelt die, which is definitely one of my favourites from Sizzix, to cut out a few hearts. I incorporated two large hearts below my photo and several smaller hearts as well. 


I hope you liked my project for today!
Have a wonderful day!

In Dutch:
Hi Sizzix fans,

Welkom op het Sizzix blog vandaag!
Vandaag wil ik graag een liefdeslay-out laten zien die ik heb gemaakt met een aantal mooie Sizzix stansen. 
Sizzix heeft een aantal stansen die perfect zijn voor liefdesprojecten, zoals de mooie Bigz Heartfelt stans en de prachtige 'Handwritten Love' stansen van Tim Holtz. Ik heb een aantal van deze stansen gebruikt op dit liefdesproject over mijn vriend Jeroen. 

Ik heb eerst de 'Mixed Media Set' genomen om twee honingraat patronen uit te snijden. Het leuke aan deze stansen is dat je zowel het patroon zelf als de restjes kunt gebruiken. Ik besloot dan ook niet alleen het honingraatpatroon, maar ook de ruitjes in mijn lay-out te verwerken. 

Mijn foto is geplakt op een aantal laagjes papier. Ook gebruikte ik de Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame stans om twee postzegelranden uit te snijden, die ik tussen het papier heb verwerkt. 

Er was geen betere stans voor mijn titel dan de mooie 'Handwritten Love' set van Tim Holtz. Ik heb het woord 'Love' twee keer uit zwart papier gesneden en heb deze woorden onder mijn foto geplakt. Ook heb ik de Heartfelt stans gebruikt, één van mijn favorieten, om een paar hartjes uit te stansen. Op mijn lay-out heb ik twee grote harten en een aantal kleinere hartjes verwerkt.

Ik hoop dat jullie mijn project leuk vonden.
Fijne dag vandaag!

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout.. love the mix of papers and layers and perfect placement of the photo!!

    ReplyDelete