Sunday 22 March 2015

Simple Easter Card






With Easter just around the corner, I wanted to try making some cards with the new Big Shot Plus Starter Kit. I love the pretty pastel themes that go along with Easter crafts, so I chose to use the free Sizzix Easter papers which can be downloaded here.


I started by embossing some blue scrapbooking paper using the embossing folder from the Big Shot Plus Starter Kit. I then used one of the starter kit dies to make an embellishment trim for the front of the card.


I printed the free yellow polka dot papers onto white card stock and cut out an A6 rectangle using a craft knife and metal ruler.


Using a bone folder, I folded the A6 cardstock piece in half and then used a punch to give the card rounded corners.


I cut out two 'bunny ears' using pink card stock and added foam sticky pads to the top of the ears to fix them to the card front.


The free papers also included some little Happy Easter banners which I fixed at the bottom of the bunny ears with double sided sticky tape. I used a glue stick to attach the embossed die cut along the bottom of the card.


And that's it! A cute little pastel Easter card which doesn't take long to make at all.


I am definitely going to be doing more Easter crafting over the next week (it may also involve consuming a few chocolate eggs too!).

Have a super crafty Sunday!

Claire 


No comments:

Post a Comment