Sunday 1 March 2015

Colourful Cards by Gerry van Gent

Hello Sizzix Friends and Happy 1st of March!!

Can you believe it? It is already March? Time surely flies :-)
I am already in a Spring mood and I am absolutely looking forward
to some warm and colourful season like Spring. And by saying this
my projects today are two cards in bright, happy and cheerful colours. 

Cards 1
siz
657900 Sizzix Big Shot machine
NEW 660220 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Mixed Media
658701 Sizzix Framelits Die Set w/Stamps Word Labels
*       *       *
My first card is featuring the diamonds Mixed Media die....
You 1

I basically die cut the diamonds twice on a piece of white cardstock.
Then I misted the cardstock and adhered it on top of another white piece of cardstock.
After that I tore it diagonally somewhere in the middle - 
I kind of resized it to fit on the front of my (14 cm x 10 cm) card.
You 6

The stamped and die cut Word Label was used to decorate the flower.
I simply adhered it in the center of the flower.
You 3

I added glitter for a bit of shiny effect.
You 4

You 2

And my second card today...
To make this card I used the Circles dies with approx. sizes 4 1/4" and 3 3/4".
Hello 1
siz
657900 Sizzix Big Shot machine
657551 Sizzix Framelits Die Set Circles
NEW 660220 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Mixed Media
NEW 660210 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Alphanumeric
*      *      *
I used white cardstock to die cut the Circle with size 3 3/4".
Then I die cut the Mixed Media die twice - top and bottom of the circle.
Once ready I misted it in green and placed it 
underneath another die-cut Circle with size 3 3/4". 
Hello 8

The Alphanumeric letters were die cut twice using white and red cardstock.
The red letters I used as shadow letters.
Hello 3

Hello 5

Hope you enjoyed my "Spring-inspired" cards today!
16:9

Thank you so much for visiting us today!
Have a creative Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. These dies are so wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration. Both cards are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning cards and I love those dies... the shiney looks so pretty. These are gorgeous/

    ReplyDelete