Saturday 14 March 2015

"Be Happy" layout by Gerry van Gent


Hello Sizzix friends!
Happy Sunday to all of you!

Today I have another layout to share with you... this time
mixing some new and old dies which were so much fun to play with.
This photo (of my daughter and I) makes me smile and feel so happy -
a great memory of last Summer so I decided to scrap it and of course
Happiness Phrases dies were the perfect touch to it.

Be Happy_gerry
siz
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
NEW 660804 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Happiness Phrases
NEW 660236 Sizzix Bigz Die w/Texture Fades Butterfly Duo
NEW 660220 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Mixed Media
NEW 660222 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Scribbles & Splat
656938 Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die Tag & Bookplates
657491 Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folders Springtime Background
*       *       *

To make the butterflies I used my favourite brown fabric canvas. 
 On top I adhered another layer of the pretty Butterflies but this time I
used another material - sort of hard fabric which looks like grid.
They used it as anti-slip underlay for carpets/rugs (Ikea)
c3

To make my butterfly pop and catch attention I added
a small flower and I added cute white antennae.... 
c1

...and some more close-ups for you.....
c2

c4

c6

Before I used the Mixed Media thinlits die I
cut a strip of the bottom part of the background pattern paper (approx. 6cm).
Then I die cut the paper strip from begin to end - using 4 times the Mixed Media die. 
c5

16:9
OTHER PRODUCTS I USED:
Maja Design Pattern Papers
Prima Marketing Flowers
Ingvild Bolme Distressing Tool
*        *        *

Thank you for your visit!
Have a creative Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Gerry! especially those awesome butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so clever and beautiful!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete