Monday 30 March 2015

Shoefly Quilt Block


Hello Sizzix friends! 
I've not made much progress on the Vintage Dresden Quilt this month as I need to add some borders and figure out the best way to do the scalloped border - but I'm on the case ;-) Instead I thought I would share a simple Shoefly block I put together recently. 

Dies Used:
Square, 2" Finished (2.5" Unfinished) #657607
Half Square Triangle, 2.5" Finished Square # 659831

For each block cut the following;
x1 square, dark fabric 
x4 HST's, dark fabric
x4 square, light fabric
x4 HST's, light fabric



Arrange as follows. If you are using directional fabrics ensure they are placed the correct way. 


Starting with the HST units sew these together, then join so you have completed rows. Join the rows together to form your block. 


Now the fun part is to decide what I'll be turning these blocks into! Sometimes I have an urge and just have to sew a few random blocks, with no plan - though I do have a sneaky idea for these… something along the lines of this. I've had that bag pinned on my Pinterest board for-ev-er with the intention of making one similar, so maybe now is the ideal time to make it as I'm off on a trip to France next month visiting a quilt show! A quilty bag for the quilt show! Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment