Tuesday 14 April 2015

'Beautiful' - a fall lay-out





Hi Sizzix fans!

Have you tried the new Sizzix Big Shot machine yet? 
I tried it for the first time this weekend and I have to say I had a blast working with it. I am also really excited about the beautiful starter's kit dies that come with this machine. These dies are fun, pretty and very versatile, so you can use them on almost any kind of project. 
Today I would like to show you a lay-out that I made using the flower die from the starter's kit and several other beautiful dies from Sizzix. 


The large flower with open petals from the starter's kit is most certainly my favourite die from this set. I used it to cut out two flowers from brown paper. I inked the flowers and added pearls to their centers, so I could use them as embellishments on my lay-out. 
The white heart in the upper corner of my photo was also cut out with one of the dies from the starter's kit. I thought it made a nice detail below the chipboard title that I added in this corner.
For the tiny red hearts, I used the 'Heartfelt' die


I also cut out several leaves from different sheets of paper and added them in a few empty corners on my lay-out with some of the newest Sizzix dies. This photo of my mother was taken in fall, so I thought these leaves made the perfect finishing touches to my lay-out. 


I also couldn't resist adding the word 'beautiful' in the right lower corner of my lay-out. The Tim Holtz 'Handwritten Love' titles are definitely my favourite dies to use for adding text to my projects.

I hope you liked my project on the blog today.
Have a wonderful, sunny day! 

In Dutch:
Hoi Sizzix fans!

Hebben jullie de nieuwe Sizzix Big Shot machine al geprobeerd?
Ik heb hem dit weekend voor het eerst uitgeprobeerd en ik moet zeggen dat ik hem heerlijk vond om mee te werken. Daarnaast was ik ook heel enthousiast over de mooie stansen die bij deze machine in de starter's kit zitten. De stansen zijn vrolijk, leuk en ook heel veelzijdig, waardoor je ze op allerlei projecten kunt gebruiken.
Vandaag wil ik graag een lay-out laten zien waarop ik de bloem uit deze stansset heb verwerkt, evenals een aantal andere mooie stansen van Sizzix. 

De grote bloem met open blaadjes uit de starter's kit is absoluut mijn favoriete stans uit deze set. Ik heb hem gebruikt om twee bloemen uit bruin papier te stansen. Ik heb de bloemen een beetje aangezet met inkt en pareltjes toegevoegd in het midden, zodat ik de bloemen als embellishments op mijn lay-out kon verwerken.
Het witte hart in de rechterbovenhoek van de foto is ook uitgestanst met één van de stansen uit de starters kit. Ik vond het wel een leuk detail om onder de chipboard titel toe te voegen. 
Voor de kleine rode hartjes gebruikte ik de Heartfelt stans.

Ook heb ik een aantal blaadjes uitgestanst uit verschillende vellen papier en heb ik deze in een aantal lege hoekjes op mijn lay-out toegevoegd. Deze foto van mijn moeder is genomen in de herfst, dus de blaadjes leken me wel een toepasselijke finishing touch.

Verder kon ik het niet laten om het woord 'beautiful' in de rechteronderhoek van mijn lay-out toe te voegen. De Tim Holtz 'Handwritten Love' stansen zijn mijn persoonlijke favoriete stansen voor titels en tekst. 

Ik hoop dat jullie mijn blogpost leuk vonden.
Nog een fijne, zonnige dag!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout!lovely photo and I love the flower die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, Romy! Those various Sizzix dies add the perfect finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty layout and picture of your mom. Love those dies! Beautiful color scheme and papers!

    ReplyDelete