Thursday 9 April 2015

New fabrics and a new die!


I you all enjoyed the Easter weekend.
It was lovely to have a long weekend and to have time to relax and enjoy the sunshine. We also started to decorate our dining room - it's almost finished - but unfortunately the baby quilts still  need to be quilted - maybe this weekend!!
Recently I was given some lovely fabrics from the Fenton House collection by Guetermann, and have been thinking about what to use them for - and now I have a new die to use - so it may be a marriage made in heaven.
I am so excited about using these lovely fabrics.
I'm using the 3" finished square Bigz die - 657608, and die 660183 - 3" finished Isosceles triangle ( and half triangle), also a Bigz die
When these shapes are stitched together they will make a star, but as I'm running very late this week I can only show the pieces laid out -

 to give you the idea of what this will look like.
I'm not sure at the moment how big this will be - or quite how I'm going to join the blocks together when they're made - but that's part of the fun.
So that's all for now - I'll be hard at work this weekend - creating this quilt and also finishing the baby quilts - update next week.
Have a great weekend.
Angela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment